Soldier On: Life After Deployment September 2017 Update
September 26, 2017
In Soldier On: Life After Deployment, produced and directed by award-winning filmmaker Sue Sipprelle, three women confront and surmount the challenges of readjusting to civilian life after their post-9/11 military service.
The women veterans in Soldier On, and women like them, are making history. They are the fastest-growing segment of the U.S. veteran population. The complete integration of women into the armed services, as well as their full access to veterans’ benefits and the veteran community is a challenging work in process for America. Soldier On is part of that ongoing conversation and effort.
Since its March 2017 release, Soldier On: Life After Deployment has been
- shown 1,000 times on public television
- shown in 45 out of 50 states
- shown on 86 percent of the top U.S. public television markets
- screened in Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Indiana, Minnesota and Virginia
- screened at the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives in Washington, D.C.
- purchased by VA’s and other organizations around the country
If you are interested in purchasing the DVD as an individual, please click here. For institutional purchase, please email email@example.com.
At the June 2017 screening of Soldier On presented by the Indiana Department of Veteran Affairs.